Depending on the type of shingle you have on your home, will affect the overall life span of your roof.
3 Tab Shingles
3 Tab Shingles will usually not last as long, and are not as durable or flexible as Architectural shingles.
Architectural Shingles generally have a much higher quality composition of materials, are usually more durable and stand up to heat and weather better.
It’s important to look for the warning signs of a roof that might be nearing the end of life, so that you can plan accordingly for the replacement, when it’s time. Delaying the replacement could end up costing a lot more in repairs and create much bigger problems in the future.
- Houston neighbors are having their roofs replaced. A weather event (hail, high winds, even Houston summer heat), may have effected your area and potentially have caused damage to your roof. Contact us and we can run a hail report to confirm if weather may have damaged your roof. Neighborhoods built around the same time, can begin to experience issues with their roofs around the same time (due to weather events, and or age of construction).
- The roof is shiny or has bald spots– This means the shingles have lost their granules and the fiberglass mat is exposed. If the fiberglass mat is exposed it can wick moisture, and eventually will lead to leaks. The loss of granules might be due to end of life, tree coverage damaging the shingles prematurely, or foot traffic from trades people, etc. Tons of granules in your gutters also shows how much of the shingle protection has been lost.
- Cracked Shingles—As shingles get older, they begin to lose their pliability and dry out causing them to crack—you might see this along the very edges of the roof-where ladders are placed against the drip edge
- Shingle edges are curled—Again, due to the shingles becoming dried out, they become brittle and begin to cup at the edges. Shingles can also age prematurely due to improper ventilation as well.
- Your roof is at least 20 years old—while many shingles are manufactured today for durability, any roof that is 20 years old, should be checked more frequently for signs of end of life damage.
- Moss and dark streaks—Typically caused by algae, and or lack of sunlight. Moss Growth if left untreated can become a bigger issue, not just a cosmetic one. The moss can hold moisture against the shingle and if in a freezing climate can damage the granule structure of the shingles. Moss and algae—are not an immediate sign the roof needs to be replaced.
- Your roof just looks old and worn
If it’s time for your Houston roof replacement, please contact us for a free quote today! We offer a great financing option as well. Call us today, your local choice for quality Houston roofing services & property specialists at (346) 333- ROOF
Houston Roofing Experts
Houston Relators, We’ve Got Your Clients Covered.
Fast Track Roofing understands that roofing can be expensive, stressful, and daunting. It is our goal to take this burden away from your clients and
Fast Track Roofing, Home of the Transferable 50-Year Warranty
Are you a Houston Homeowner? In 2021, the average American homeowner spent an average of 13.2 years in their home before moving to a new
Fast Track Roofing Earns 2022 Angi Super Service Award
HOUSTON, TX December 6, 2022 – Fast Track Roofing is proud to announce that it has earned the home service industry’s coveted Angi Super Service
Better Business Bureau Recognizes Fast Track Roofing with the 2022 Winner of Distinction Award
In recognizing businesses and non-profits for their achievements and commitment to quality in the workplace, Fast Track Roofing was one of 264 companies recognized at the
Replace Your Roof Now
Count on Fast Track Roofing to help you get the information you need to get started on installing a new roof in Houston. Roofing issues
The Best Houston Roofing Quotes
The Best Houston Roofing Quotes If your roof is leaking, don’t delay planning for repairs. Signs of moisture inside are often related to a bigger